8) Secure the outlet to the outlet box and install the watertight cover with the hinge on
top (item 3).
9) Tighten both strain relief connectors.
g. Installation of feeder cable harness to the storage cabinet.
1) Insert the long cable of the feeder cable harness assembly through the 1-3/8 inch hole
in panel 3 of the storage cabinet (Figure 13).
Attach outlet to cabinet panel using two #8 screws (item 23),
two flat washers (item 25), two lock washers (item 21),
and two nuts (item 26) Insert screw from other side.
Female connector (item 8)
Insert all cable clamp mounting
Attach cable clamps (item 11)
screws from this side
to panel in 5 places using #8 screw,
two flat washers, lock washer, and nut.
Note: Green to ground, white to silver, and black to brass.
Figure 13. Attachment
of feeder cable harness
to storage cabinet.
2) Locate outlet box mounting holes using the outlet box (item 2) as a template and drill
two 3/16 inch holes in panel 3.
3) Attach the outlet box to panel 3 of the storage cabinet using two #8 X 32 bolts (Item
4) Feed the 5-foot cable down the left side of the drawer cabinet behind the drawer slides
and through the hole in panel 2.
5) Secure the 5-foot cable by using the cable clamps. Secure the cable clamps to panel 2
into the holes pre-drilled in step a. 2), using the #8 screws, flat washers, lock washers,
and nuts. Ensure that the cable will not interfere with the operation of the storage
6) Attach the female connector (item 8) to the end of the 5-foot cable. Ensure green to
ground, black to brass, and white to silver terminals (Figure 13).