Ensure water connections have been inspected by Potable Water Service personnel (MOS
77W) before operating the ice machine. Improper water connections may cause serious
illness or death to personnel.
The water shutoff is located on the potable water manifold.
1. Open the water shutoff valve on the water distribution manifold.
2. Connect electrical power.
Use caution while setting up ice maker for operation. Components behind the front panel are
electrically energized and operate at high voltage. Failure to observe safety precautions may
result in serious injury or death to personnel.
3. Remove the front panel. Remove the screws retaining the front cover, and remove the front cover.
4. Remove the cover for the control box (1).
5. Locate the timer (2) and rotate the cam clockwise until the timer is in the harvest position.
7. Locate the ON/OFF switch (4), switch it to ON. The inlet water valve will open, and water will flow into
the reservoir (5). The water pump (6) will begin to pump water over the evaporators.
8. Allow the reservoir (5) to fill.
9. Switch the compressor switch (3) to ON. The fan motor will begin to turn, and warm air will be
discharged from the left side of the ice machine. The water temperature in the reservoir (5) will soon
be 32oF, and ice should begin to form on the evaporators. In some cases some slush will form in the
reservoir. This is temporary and normal.
10. Allow the ice machine to operate for about 18-minutes. The ice should be fully formed and should be
harvested within a few minutes.
11. Install the cover on the control box (1).
12. Install the front panel and retain screws.
13. The ice machine should run without any further assistance or attention. If unit fails to make ice,
contact Unit Maintenance.