The rotary knife used by the meat slicing machine is extremely sharp, and can cause severe
cuts even when not rotating. Never operate the meat slicing machine without the guard
installed, and remove the guard only for cleaning and maintenance. Wear steel mesh gloves
whenever using or maintaining the meat slicing machine. Failure to observe safety
precautions may result in injury to personnel.
The slicer is equipped with a knife having a concave or hollowed rear surface. The knife
must be sharpened regularly and properly in order to maintain productivity. The knife
sharpener, on this machine, is a top mounted integral design with an automatic aligning
1. Completely close the slice adjustment (beyond "0") so that the knife edge is not exposed.
2. The knife's cutting area should be clean and free from food, especially grease. Grease will ruin the
ability of a grinding stone to sharpen an edge.
3. Disconnect the electrical supply cord.
4. Loosen sharpener lock pin (1) bearing against sharpener post.
5. Lift sharpener assembly (2) and rotate it turn (180o).
6. Seat the sharpener assembly (2) down over knife.
7. Tighten sharpener lock pin (1).
8. As the lock is tightened, it bears on the sharpener post and automatically aligns the preset grinding
and deburring stones.
9. Turn slicer ON.
10. Depress the sharpener button (3) and hold. This will start the grinding wheel rotating.
11. Run until the beveled cutting surface cleans up. This can take from 30 seconds to several minutes
depending on how dull the blade has become.
12. Release sharpener button (3).
13. Turn slicer OFF and check for the formation of a very slight burr on the side of knife opposite the bevel
which indicates complete grinding of the bevel. This slight burr can be detected either visually or by
picking with a small piece of stiff paper.
14. Turn slicer ON.