The rotary knife used by the meat slicing machine is extremely sharp, and can cause severe
cuts even when not rotating. Never operate the meat slicing machine without the guard
installed, and remove the guard only for cleaning and maintenance. Wear steel mesh gloves
whenever using or maintaining the meat slicing machine. Failure to observe safety
precautions may result in injury or death to personnel.
1. Turn OFF slicer and disconnect electrical cord before cleaning. Leave protective guard (1) in place.
2. Turn slice adjustment (2) to the fully closed position (beyond "0") so that the knife edge is not
Use care in washing the sharply pointed prongs on the last slice feed grip. A small bristle
brush is recommended. Use only warm water and mild soap.
3. Remove carriage assembly (3). The carriage assembly may be washed separately in a sink.
Never use caustic detergents or wash the slicer, or any of its parts, in a dishwashing
machine or the clear protective finish will be damaged.
4. Rinse carriage assembly (3) with warm water and dry thoroughly using a clean soft cloth.
Under no circumstance should the slicer be hose rinsed. It is recommended that a cloth be
folded over a thin wooden stick when cleaning between the fence plate and the knife.
5. Wash body (4) of slicer with a soft cloth, using warm water and mild soap.
6. Remove knife guard (1) by loosening knife guard knob (5) and pushing the long stud upward to lift the
knife guard above surface of knife.
7. Carefully lift and remove knife guard (1).
It is recommended that a cloth be folded over a thin wooden stick as a further caution to
avoid accidental contact with the knife.
8. Wash the front and rear of the knife (6) with a cloth using warm water and mild soap.
9. Rinse with warm water applied with a cloth.
10. Dry thoroughly with a clean soft cloth.