High top heat results in well colored or caramelized finish to meats. When roasting fowl and
a heavily browned appearance is not desired, the top oven switch (if fitted) should be set at
MEDIUM or LOW. The use of a meat thermometer is recommended for all roasting
1. Close oven door (4) and set timer (7) to desired cooking time.
2. Where intermediate oven racks (8) are used for baking, it may be necessary to move the pans (rack-
to-deck and deck-to-rack) when baking is one-half to two-thirds done to obtain desirable top and
bottom browning. Keep door opening during baking to a minimum for best product results.
3. The ovens are provided with a light and a door window that may be used to check baking progress as
necessary. Avoid excessive door opening.
4. Keep lower edge of door (4) free of charred food particles. Clear decks of carbonized foods after each
Do not use thermometers to measure oven heat.
5. Do not open damper (5) more than necessary to carry off steam; this may cause uneven baking.