Disconnect electrical power supply before cleaning. Failure to observe safety precautions
may result in serious injury or death to personnel from electrocution.
Wear rubber gloves, apron, and eye protection when cleaning the oven. Scouring powder
should be used only with great care. It will scratch and fog the glass, and it is easy to build up
accumulations of excess scouring powder that can damage the oven and is extremely
difficult to remove.
1. Stainless steel oven fronts may be cleaned with a damp cloth. Stubborn soil may be removed with
2. Porcelain oven linings and door linings may be cleaned with an oven cleaner compound or with a cloth
dampened with detergent solution. Rinse thoroughly and dry with a soft clean cloth.
3. Inspection and light windows may be cleaned in the same manner as the door linings, or with a mild
abrasive if necessary.
4. Silver tone surfaces may be cleaned with a cloth dampened with detergent solution.
5. Rinse thoroughly and dry with a soft clean cloth.
6. Steel decks may be removed and scoured at the FSC (South Bend only).
Turning the steel decks every 30-days will keep a clean appearance (South Bend only).
7. After scouring, the steel decks should be lightly but thoroughly coated with oil and allowed to season
in the oven at 450F for 30-minutes to an hour. Seasoning will lessen sticking of spillage and inhibit
rust (South Bend only).