Serving Hot Food
Use caution when using the steam table. The heating elements are exposed within the
water reservoir, and can cause serious burn injury to personnel if safety precautions are not
Do not connect the power cord until the steam table water reservoir has been filled. Failure to
observe this precaution may result in damage to the heating elements.
Use of hot water is preferred to speed heating of the steam table.
1. Close the drain valve, and fill the reservoir through the pan openings (1) to approximately 5-inches
deep with water.
2. Cover the pan openings with covers (1).
3. Connect power cord (2).
4. Set thermostat(s) (3) to desired setting. The indicator light(s) (4) will come on, indicating that power is
being supplied to the heating elements.
5. When the indicator lights (4) go out, the steam table is ready for use. Remove the pan covers and
install the food service pans into the openings (1).
6. Ensure that the sneeze guards (5) are down, and that the food service pans are kept covered until
food is served.
7. When food service is through, remove all food service pans.
8. Set thermostat(s) (3) to lowest or OFF setting.
9. Disconnect power cord (2).
10. Allow steam table to cool for at least one hour.
11. Open drain valve, drain water, and dispose of water in accordance with unit SOP.
12. Clean reservoir, shelf and sneeze guard assembly, and steam table exterior of any food residue.
13. Allow to air dry, with covers off.