FIELD PACKING FOOD SERVICE KITCHEN KIT PART C TYPE 10M (FP (L) CONFIGURATION)
This paragraph provides information to pack the food service equipment into TRICON type 10M. Close
adherence to these procedures is imperative to prevent equipment damage, and allow all equipment to fit
into designated container. The following procedures are for field packing one TRICON type 10M.
Depot shelves, packaging, blocking, bracing, tiedowns, and dunnage retained during unpacking will be
needed to repack equipment for storage or shipment.
Equipment must be clean, dry, and debris-free before packing. Prepare components for packing as
1. Locate the items listed below. Wrap each item in cushioning material and layer one by one in a
fiberboard container (box #1).
Stainless Steel Sponges, 12 pack (unused only)
Scouring Brick Holders
Flat Tip Screwdrivers
Cross Tip Screwdrivers
Slip Joint Pliers
2. Place eight rolls of steel wool and two packs of baker's scrapers into a fiberboard container (Box #2).
3. Place box #1 and box #2 inside the tilt fry pan. Wrap the 60A connector in cushioning material and
secure in place with tape.
4. Locate one 20 cubic foot refrigerator.
a. Remove evaporator holder from the bottom of the fridge and secure the hose coming down the
back of the fridge.
b. Open the refrigerator and secure the evaporator, evaporator stand and any loose items inside.
Close door and secure.
d. Coil electrical cable and secure to the unit.
e. Secure skids to the bottom of the refrigerator using bolts.
Fasten top piece and side pieces using lag bolts.
5. Locate one ice making machine (each machine comes in two parts).
a. Place cushioning material around the water fittings on each half of the ice machine and secure in
place with tape.
b. Wrap the fittings on the bucket half in cushioning material and secure with tape.
Wrap plug on the mechanical half of the machine with cushioning material and secure with tape.