FORCE PROVIDER FOOD SERVICE EQUIPMENT
MEAT SLICING MACHINE
Power OFF, power disconnected
The rotary knife used by the meat slicing machine is extremely sharp, and can cause severe
cuts even when not rotating. Wear steel mesh gloves whenever using or maintaining the
meat slicing machine. Failure to observe safety precautions may result in serious injury to
1. Disconnect electrical power cord.
2. Loosen sharpener lock pin (1).
3. Lift and remove sharpening unit. Set aside.
4. Remove knife guard knob (2) and carefully remove knife guard (3).
5. Use caution to avoid the sharp knife edge, and remove the screws (4) that secure knife (5). Some
models may have four screws.
A worn knife should be disposed of in a safe, responsible way, showing concern for others
who may handle it. It is recommended that the edge of the knife is carelfully wrapped several
times with heavy tape and that a caution (CAUTION, SHARP EDGE) be written on both sides
of the knife.
6. Carefully remove knife (5) and set aside with its flat side down flush on a bench so the edge is not
7. Install replacement knife (5), and retain with screws (4).
8. Install knife guard (3), and retain with knife guard knob (2).
9. Install sharpening unit, and retain with sharpener lock pin (1).