3-1. MIXERASSEMBLY - Continued
(3) Place approximately 3 1/2 gallons (13.2 liters) of warm water in mixing bowl.
Keep water below the agitator shaft. Water should not exceed 150F (65.6C)
or damage to the thermometer may result. DO NOT run the mixer after water
has been added.
(4) Lower bowl (1) to 2/3 raised position and moisten the inside of the mixing bowl and agitator
arm (2) with a cloth.
(5) Raise bowl to closed position and wash all dough from
top of mixer and mixer lid.
(6) Lower the mixer bowl to 2/3 raised position and wash
all dough from inside of bowl and on agitator arm. To
clean the mixer bowl, a lint-free cloth or sponge is
recommended. To clean between agitator arms and
mixer bowl, work a cloth between the agitator arms
and sides of mixer and move cloth back and forth
between the arms and bowl, and around agitator
(7) Remove water from mixing bowl and rinse with clean,
warm sanitizing solution, making sure to cover all
surfaces and crevices. Remove rinse solution and dry
thoroughly with compressed air. Apply a coating of
divider oil to all dough contacting surfaces using a lint-
free cloth or sponge. On completion, the mixer should
be tightly closed.
(8) Wash the outside of mixer and mixer platform (3) with
warm soapy water, then rinse.
Sanitizing rinses may be prepared by dissolving of package of
disinfectant, Chlorine, Food Service (NSN 6840-00-270-7812), into 25
gallons (94.6 liters) of water. An alternate method is to dissolve 2 ampuls
gallon (3.8 liters) of water.