Indicates the Federal item name and, if required, a minimum description to identify the
items. Items that are included in kits and sets are listed below the name of the kit or set with the quaintity of
each item in the kit or set indicated in the quantity incorporated in unit column.
g. Unit of Measure (U/M). Indicates the standard or basic quantity of the listed item as used in per-
forming the actual maintenance function. This measure is expressed by a two-character alphabetical ab-
breviation (e.g., ea, in, pr, etc.). When the unit of measure differs from the unit of issue, the lowest unit of
issue that will satisfy the required units of measure will be requisitioned.
h. Quantity Incorporated in Unit.
Indicates the quantity of the item used in the breakout shown on the
illustration figure, which is prepared for functional group, subfunctional group, or an assembly. A V ap-
pearing in this column in lieu of a quantity indicates that no specific quantity is applicable, (e.g., shims
D-4. SPECIAL INFORMATION.
Usable On Code.
USABLE ON codes are included to help you identify which component items are
used on the different models. Identification of the codes used in these lists are:
Model M2, M2A and M2A with Safety Device.
Accessory Outfit with Baking Rack
D-5. HOW TO LOCATE REPAIR PARTS.
a. When National Stuck Number or Part Number is Unknown:
(1) Using the table of contents determine the assembly group within which the repair part belongs.
This is necessary since illustrations are prepared for assembly groups, and listings are divided into the
(2) Find the illustration covering the assembly group to which the repair part belongs.
(3) Identify the repair part on the illustration and note the illustration figure number and item number
of the repair part.
(4) Using the repair parts listing, find the assembly group to which the repair part belongs and locate
the illustration figure and item number noted on the illustration.
b. When National Stock Number of Part Number is Known:
(1) First. Using the Index of National Stock Numbers and Part Numbers, find the pertinent National
Stock Number or Part Number. This index is in NIIN sequence followed by a list of part numbers in
alphanumeric sequence, cross-referenced to the illustration figure number and item number.
(2) Second. After finding the figure and item number, locate the figure and item number in the repair