(1) Lower the door (1) so that it sits on the door rest (2).
(2) Slide the cradle (3) forward onto the field range door (l), so that the pot (4) can be removed.
(3) Remove the cradle (3) by lifting.
(1) Place the cradle (3) on the door (l).
(2) Insert pot (4)..
(3) Slide pot and cradle into field range.
(4) Raise door (1) and fold door rest (2) against door.
4-9. BURNER UNIT.
This section contains the organizational maintenance instructions for the burner unit. It includes the
burner, generator, preheater, fuel tank, and associated components.
Special tools. Combination wrench used for removal and adjustment of burner valves (See Fig D-8 ).
4-9.1 TOP SHIELD.
General. The primary purpose of the top shield is to reflect the heat upward and away from the fuel
tank to help prevent pressure buildup. The top shield is secured to the frame of the burner unit by four (4)
hook springs. The shield has cutouts, allowing the generator and burner to protrude.
Change 1 4-7