(8) Replace generator (para 4-9.2.).
Position mixing chamber
generator packing nut is
(9) Tighten screws (5).
(10) Replace top shield (para 4-9.1).
and air shutter assembly (7) so that the
flush with air shutter assembly opening.
(11) Install flame valve knob in flame valve knob holder.
4-9.4 PREHEATER ASSEMBLY.
a. Preliminary Requirements.
top shield (para 4-9.1).
generator (para 4-9.2).
(1) Loosen spare generator strap screws and rotate spare generator away from burner body.
(2) Remove preheater assembly (1) by rotating counterclockwise until it is removed from fuel
Refer to figure 4-1 and disassemble the preheater assembly to the extent necessary to
make repairs. Disassemble in numerical sequence.
In addition to replacing defective components of the preheater assembly, the preheater
valve may require packing. Refer to figure 4-2 to pack the preheater valve.
e. Reassembly. Depending upon the amount of disassembly, the preheater may be reassembled in the
Do not overtighten the preheater assembly.
f. Replacement. Replace the preheater. Turn the preheater clockwise to tighten.