Check bottom of burner fuel tank for signs of dragging or bumping of tbe base bar.
If required, shim under the fuel tank brackets with ¼ inch flat washers (NSN
5310-00-639-7554) to raise the fuel tank's position within the burner frame. After
raising fuel tank if required, check generator alignment as follows:
(9) Loosen fittings on both ends of generator.
(10) Add flat washers as required under air shutter bracket to obtain proper alignment.
(1) Remove fuel tank cap (1) and gasket (2).
(2) Remove four screws (3) that attach fuel tank to frame.
(3) Remove fittings and safety valve device from U-Tank.
Dry cleaning solvent, P-D-680 (item 5, Table F-l), used to clean parts is poten-
tially dangerous to personnel and property. Avoid repeated and prolonged skin
contact. Do not use near open flame or excessive heat. Flash point of solvent is 100
degrees F to 138 degrees F (38 degrees C to 59 degrees C).
(1) Clean the inside of the fuel tank with cleaning solvent, PD-680 (item 5, Table F-l).
(2) Drain fuel tank and keep it dry.
Repeat the removal procedure in reverse sequence. Replace the drain plug gasket or filler cap gasket if damaged.