1-8. EQUIPMENT CHARACTERISTICS, CAPABILITIES AND FEATURES (KCLFF-E). The KCLFF-E kitchen has all
the equipment and capabilities of the KCLFF kitchen with the additional capability to prepare limited Type A (perishable
and semi-perishable items) and limited Type B (semi-perishable items), T-rations and beverages in the field, in basic hot
and cold climatic conditions with or without shelter from the environment. The kitchen is designed for support of company-
size units or Light Infantry Divisions. KCLFF-E insulated containers will be used to hold precooked hot or prechilled cold
prepared items to dispersed squad-size units or to hold pre-cooked items for mass feeding. All other characteristics,
capabilities and features are the same as for the KCLFF.
(1) Provides capability of cooking, baking, frying, roasting, and grilling food.
(2) Transports ice and cold food.
(3) Provides flexibility of serving precooked and field cooked meals.
b. Capabilities And Features.
(1) Utilizing the range outfit, griddle assembly and ice chest, enables one 92G MOS to prepare limited Type A
and Type B meals for up to 50 persons.
(2) Uses same M2 burner units as KCLFF.
(3) Requires no special sanitation or preservation procedures other than used for KCLFF.
(4) May be used to heat T-rations and transport heated rations to the field.
(5) The additional insulated food containers provide greater storage and transport capabilities needed to deliver
and prepare A and B-rations for the KCLFF-E.