1-9.1. DIFFERENCES BETWEEN MODELS. The KCLFF-E increases the food preparation capability of the (KCLFF from
preparing just T-rations to preparing A, B and T-rations, which are all the operational group rations.
1-10. EQUIPMENT DATA.
(1) Heater Tank Assembly with M2 burner unit Capable of heating 200 T-ration meals to at least 165F (74C)
within 2-1/2 hours after arrival on site.
(2) Cooking Pot Cradle Assembly with M2 burner unit Capable of heating water and beverages to 212F
(3) Dispenser, Liquid, Insulated (5 gal) and Food Container. Insulated. Capable of maintaining heated food
and beverages at temperatures of no less than 140F (60C) for up to 4 hours in temperatures as low as -25F (-32C).
(4) Range Outfit (KCLFF-E). Capable of cooking, baking, roasting and heating food for 50 men.
(5) Ice Chest (KCLFF-E). Capable of storing up to 200 lbs of ice. Will keep food cold for 8 hours in ambient
temperatures up to 1105F when packed with 80 lbs of ice.
(6) Griddle Assembly (KCLFF-E). Capable of grilling and frying food.
(7) Food Container, Insulated (KCLFF-E). Capable of holding three aluminum inserts to keep food hot or cold.
Each insert has a capacity of 5-2/3 quarts (5-1/3 liters).
b. Fuel Consumption.
The M2 burner unit bums fuel at the rate of 0.5 gallons (1.9 liters) per hour.
Dimensions and weights for KCLFF and KCLFF-E equipment and accessories are listed in Table 1-1.