Section I. DESCRIPTION AND USE OF OPERATOR'S
CONTROLS AND INDICATORS
2-1. GENERAL. KCLFF equipment has been designed for use In forward combat areas and has few moving parts, with
the exception of the M2 burner unit, which Is the heat source for the Heater Tank Assembly and the Cooking Pot Cradle
Assembly. The Heater Tank Assembly; Cooking Pot Cradle Assembly; Food Container, Insulated; and Dispenser, Liquid,
Insulated (5 gal) have no electrical or mechanical controls and indicators. The M2 burner unit also supplies heat for the
KCLFF-E Range Outfit and Griddle Assembly. The KCLFF-E Range Outfit, Griddle Assembly, Ice Chest and Food
Containers have no electrical or mechanical controls and indicators.
2-2. CONTROLS AND INDICATORS.
M2 Burner Unit. Reference TM 10-7360-204-13&P.
Section II. PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE CHECKS AND SERVICES (PMCS)
2-3. PMCS INTRODUCTION. Preventive maintenance checks and services are to be done to be sure the equipment is
ready to use at all times. PMCS helps you find and fix defects before the equipment is damaged or fails.
(1) Before you operate, always keep In mind the CAUTIONS and WARNINGS. Perform your before (B) PMCS.
(2) While you operate, always keep In mind the CAUTIONS and WARNINGS. Perform your during (D) PMCS.
(3) After you operate, be sure to perform your after (A) PMCS.
(4) If your equipment fails to operate, troubleshoot with proper equipment. Report any deficiencies using the
proper forms. See DA PAM 738750, The Army Maintenance Management System (TAMMS).
b. PMCS Procedures.
(1) The purpose of the PMCS table is to indicate the order In which checks are to be done, as well as to
Indicate when they are to be done.
(2) The first column of the table provides the Item number (order) for accomplishment of checks and services.
Column two (interval) provides when they are to be done. Applicable intervals are before (B), during (D), and after (A) use.
(3) The "Equipment is Not Ready/Available If" column contains the criteria that will cause the equipment to be
classified as not ready/available because of inability to perform Its primary combat mission.