MAINTENANCE OF ELECTRICAL SYSTEMS- Continued
General mechanics tool kit
Electrical tool kit
Remove complete harness only if required to effect repair or replacement.
(1) Remove electrical connection cover plate at front of trailer.
(2) Tag and disconnect harness connectors (1 and 2) at all lights.
(3) Remove tie wraps around harness (3) at composite light mounting bracket.
(4) Remove two lock nuts and cap screws to free ground lead (4) from frame.
To make installation easier, tape connector bundles to main harness if desired.
(5) Feed wire harness (3) through clamps (5) and along frame while pulling
harness from the frame.
b. Cleaning and Inspection.
(1) Clean wiring harness with a clean rag.
(2) Inspect wiring for cuts, breaks and loose connections, and connectors and cover for
(1) If any connector terminal (1) is damaged, replace it. Push back shell (2) on wire to
expose terminal (1), remove defective terminal, and crimp a new terminal on end of wire.
Pull shell over terminal.