MAINTENANCE OF AIR BRAKE SYSTEM - Continued
BRAKE AIR CHAMBER - Continued
(5) Mount air chamber (3) with two hex nuts (6) and lock washers (7).
It may be necessary to turn slack adjuster adjustment screw to adjust chamber push rod.
(6) Align rod end (10) with bottom hole in slack adjuster (13). Install headed pins (5)
and cotter pins (4).
(8) Connect air hoses (1 and 2).
General mechanics tool kit
a. Removal of Air Hoses and Fittings.
Tag all hoses before disconnecting from vehicle.
(1) Remove intervehicular air hoses and gladhands (1) from drawbar. Remove
packing from gladhands.
(2) Remove hoses (2) from air chambers (3), trailer valve (4) and relay valves
(3) Remove drain cocks from air tanks (6).
(1) Install drain cocks in air tanks (6).
(2) Connect hoses (2) to air chambers, trailer valve (4) and relay valves (5).