SPRINGS AND SUSPENSION
This WD covers the inspection, removal and installation of components at the Direct Support and General
Support Maintenance level on the 7 1/2 ton, Containerized Kitchen Trailer, XCK2000 and XCK2000E1.
General mechanics tool kit
Open end wrench, 1-5/16 inch
Socket, 1-5/16 inch, 3/4 inch drive
Torque wrench, 3/4 inch drive, 0-600 lb-ft.
Following procedures are for one complete axle suspension.
If only one wheel requires maintenance, perform steps for that wheel only.
(1) Jack up trailer high enough to relieve tension on the springs.
(2) Block up corners of trailer (front or rear).
(3) Remove two hex nuts (1), bolts (2) and torque arm (3).
(4) Support axle to prevent it from dropping. Remove four hex nuts (4)
and top plate (5).
(5) Remove spring (6) and U-bolts (7).
(6) Perform same procedure to remove other axle suspension components if
(1) Place U-bolts (7) under axle.
Hook end of all springs must be toward equalizer bolt.
(2) Place spring (6) on spring mount (8) welded to the axle.
(3) Install top plate (5) with four hex nuts (4) but do not tighten nuts.