(1) Remove bolt (1) from burner (2), and remove burner.
(2) Remove four screws (3) that attach the bottom shield (4) to the spare generator brackets.
Remove bottom shield.
(3) Remove two screws (5) that attach mixing chamber and shutter assembly (7) to frame. Lift
assembly (7) from frame.
(4) Remove nut (8), washer (9), holder (10), if equipped, and remove bushing (11) from mixing
(5) Remove four screws (6) and (13) that attach retaining ring (14) and air shutter (15) to mixing
chamber (12). Remove air shutter and retaining ring.
Remove flame valve knob from valve knob holder.
(6) Remove mixing chamber (12) by lifting straight up from fuel tank.
Dry cleaning solvent, P-D-680
parts is potentially dangerous
repeated and prolonged skin
flame or excessive heat. Flash
138 degrees F (38 degrees C to
(item 5, Table F-1), used to clean
to personnel and property. Avoid
Do not use near open
point of solvent is 100 degress F to
59 degrees C).
(1) The burner is cleaned with a wire brush and slot cleaner (figure 2-3, item 8). Use the slot
cleaner in a rocking motion to prevent possible damage to the slot, clean each slot carefully to remove
all carbon or foreign matter.
Wash burner with hot soapy water, rinse with clean boiling water and air
dry. The bottom shield is cleaned in the same manner as the top shield. Clean the mixing chamber and air
shutter assembly in cleaning solvent P-D-680 (item 5, Table F-l), and wipe dry.
(2) Lubricate air shutter after cleaning.
(3) Coat the burner and unpainted parts with P-10, Grade 1, Preservative Oil (item 6, Table F-l).
If the mixing chamber needs painting, use aluminum paint only (item 7, Table F-1).
(1) Replace mixing chamber (12).
(2) Replace air shutter (15) and retaining ring (14) using screws (6) and (13).
(3) Place bushing (11) in mixing chamber (12).
Install holder (10), if equipped, using washer
(9) and nut (8).
(4) Place mixing chamber and air shutter assembly (7) into frame and replace screws (5). DO not
tighten screws (5) at this time.
(5) Place bottom shield (4) on spare generator brackets and tighten screws (3).
(7) Apply a
Position the burner so that the long arm is facing toward the air
shutter (front of burner). This will be directly under the generator
when it is installed.
light coat of antiseize compound to threads of bolt (1) and replace bolt.
Overtightening bolt will cause damage to the mixing chamber.