Use caution while operating the coffee urn. The urn operates at a high temperature, and
presents a hot exterior. Both the jacket water and coffee are capable of producing scalding
injuries. Failure to observe safety precautions may result in serious injury to personnel.
Do not disconnect water supply until power is disconnected. Urn will fill with water as soon as
power connection is made.
Replace the Sight Glass
1. Disconnect the power cord.
2. Drain all coffee and water from the urn.
3. Allow the urn to cool for at least one hour.
4. Locate and remove the knurled retaining nut (1) on the top of the sight glass (2).
5. Withdraw the sight glass (2) from the sight glass guard (3).
6. Install the replacement sight glass (2) in the sight glass guard (3).
7. Install the knurled retaining nut (1) onto the sight glass (2). Do not over tighten.
8. Restore water service to urn.
9. Restore power to urn.
10. Allow urn to come up to temperature, then run urn through one brewing cycle with water only.
11. Discard water, and operate urn in accordance with the operating procedures given in WP 0022 00.