FORCE PROVIDER FOOD SERVICE EQUIPMENT
Power disconnected, urn cool
Use caution while operating the coffee urn. The urn operates at a high temperature, and
presents a hot exterior. Both the jacket water and coffee are capable of producing scalding
injuries. Failure to observe safety precautions may result in serious injury or death to
Do not disconnect water supply until power is disconnected. Urn will fill with water as soon as
power connection is made.
Clean both sight glasses at the same time.
Service the Sight Glass
1. Disconnect the power cord.
2. Drain all coffee and water from the urn.
3. Allow the urn to cool for at least one hour.
4. Locate and remove the knurled retaining nut (1) on the top of the sight glass (2).
5. Withdraw the sight glass (2) from the sight glass guard (3).
6. Use a narrow nylon bristle brush to gently clean coffee residue and hard water deposits from sight
7. Rinse the sight glass (2) in hot soapy water, then clear potable water.
8. Install the sight glass (2) in the sight glass guard (3).
9. Install the knurled retaining nut (1) onto the sight glass (2). Do not over tighten.
10. Restore water service to urn.