Assembly Crathco D25
Ensure that all components in direct contact with food or beverages have been cleaned and
sanitized in accordance with unit SOP and FM 10-23 (Basic Doctrine for Army Field
Feeding). Do not proceed until all components have been sanitized. Serious illness or death
by contamination or disease may result from failure to observe safety precautions.
Do not pick up the beverage dispenser by the ventilation slots.
1. Pick up the dispenser chassis (1) by placing your fingers under the base plate, and place the unit on
its operating location. Ensure there are at least six inches of air space on both sides and rear of the
dispenser next to the ventilation slots.
2. Make sure all switches (2) are in the "OFF" position.
3. Place a cup rest (3) in the top of each drip pan (4) and assemble the drip pans onto the front of the
4. Set the clear plastic bowl (5) upside-down on a clean work surface.
5. Wet the bowl gasket (6) and the bowl opening with potable water.
6. Place the bowl gasket (6) over the neck of the large opening on the bottom of the bowl (5).
7. Place the bowl (5) right-side up, and with the bowl gasket (6) centered on the cooling plate and guide
pin, grasp the bowl by the opposite top corners.
8. With a back and forth twisting motion and a downward pressure the bowl (5) will slip down into
position. Make sure the bowl is square to the front and over the drip pan (4). If necessary for easier
assembly, a touch of corn oil can be put on the outside of the gasket (6).
9. Place the bearing sleeve (7) over the guide pin (8) in the middle of the cooling plate.
10. There are flats on the outside of the guide pin (8) and on the inside of the bearing sleeve (7). Turn the
bearing sleeve until the flats line up and it drops down onto the cooling plate. The flange on the
bearing sleeve must rest on the cooling plate.
The bearing sleeve will be locked in place and in its proper position after it slides down over
the guide pin and rests on the cooling plate.
11. Place the impeller (9) over the bearing sleeve (7), fin side up.
12. Press the tube (10) into the sleeve on the top of the pump cover (11). Make sure the tube is into the
sleeve far enough so the bowl cover (12) will not hit it when the cover is situated.