Use caution when operating the mixer. The mixer may grab loose clothing, fingers, or arms
if personnel are inattentive. Failure to install safety guard or observe safety precautions may
result in serious injury or death to personnel.
1. Ensure that all components of the mixer (1) have been cleaned and sanitized.
2. Open the safety guard (2).
To ensure quick and even mixing, match the bowl capacity to the job. Do not use the 20-
quart bowl for small batches, as uneven mixing will occur. Do not overload either bowl if
the batch exceeds the capacity of the mixing bowl, divide into two or more batches to suit
the available bowl capacity.
3. Use hand crank to lower the bowl support (3) to the lowest position, and install the 20-quart bowl or
the 12-quart bowl as necessary.
4. Ensure that the correct beater (4) is installed. The bowl will not rise into the operating position if a 20-
quart beater is fitted with the 12-quart bowl. If a 12-quart beater is used with the 20-quart bowl, the
batch will not mix evenly.
Table 1. Beaters.
Batter Beater, 20-Quart
Batter Beater, 12-Quart
Wire Whip, 20-Quart
Wire Whip, 12-Quart
Dough Hook, 20-Quart
Dough Hook, 12-Quart
Pastry Knife, 20-Quart
Pastry Knife, 12-Quart
Four Wing Beater, 20-Quart
Four Wing Beater, 12-Quart
Sweet Dough Beater, 20-Quart
Sweet Dough Beater, 12-Quart
5. Pour the required ingredients into the bowl (5).
6. Use hand crank to raise the bowl (5).
7. Connect the power cord to the power supply.
8. Push the ON button (6).
Speed may only be adjusted while the mixer is operating. The speed control lever will not
function if the mixer is switched OFF.
9. Adjust the speed control lever (7) to suit the food being processed (slower for mixing, faster for
beating or whipping).