Serving Cold Food
Do not connect the power cord unless the steam table water reservoir has been filled with
water (not ice). Do not use the heating elements to melt ice. Failure to observe this
precaution may result in damage to the heating elements.
1. Ensure power cord is disconnected
2. Close the drain valve, and fill the reservoir approximately 5 inches deep with ice.
3. Cover the pan openings.
4. Install the food service pans into the openings.
5. Ensure that the sneeze guards are down, and that the food service pans are kept covered until food is
6. When food service is through, remove all food service pans.
7. Melt remaining ice with hot water.
8. Open drain valve, drain water and dispose of water in accordance with unit SOP.
9. Clean reservoir, shelf and sneeze guard assembly, and steam table exterior, of any food residue.
10. Allow to air dry, with covers off.